1. Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information or details provided by an individual's identity. The nature of personal information collected by MarShere Dance Studios generally but not exclusively comprises an individual's name and contact details (including address, phone, fax and e-mail). Such personal information is collected for the purposes of arranging, conducting and promoting the MarShere Dance Studios retailing business.
MarShere Dance Studios also collects other types of personal information from time to time (e.g. credit information and drivers licence details), and will inform you upon collecting such information of the purpose for which it is being collected.
MarShere Dance Studios will destroy personal information when it is no longer required or if requested to do so.
MarShere Dance Studios will generally collect personal information from the individual directly. For example, MarShere Dance Studios may collect personal information via telephone or letter, or when the individual attends a studio location or a promotional event e.g.: Dance Competition, Bridal Exhibition.
2. Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
MarShere Dance Studios will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which the personal information was initially collected.
MarShere Dance Studios may also use that personal information for a purpose related to the initial purpose of collection if that other purpose would be within your reasonable expectations. Related purposes might include for example consumer research, cross promotions and such, adding your name to a contact list, guest list or invitation list which may be of benefit or interest to you.
MarShere Dance Studios will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes without first obtaining your express or implied consent. MarShere Dance Studios may however be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
a. required or authorised by law;
b. required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
c. required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
d. necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person's life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
Generally, MarShere Dance Studios will retain your personal information within Australia and not use or disclose it overseas.
While personal information may be provided to these suppliers in order to enable them to perform the agreed tasks, MarShere Dance Studios will make every effort to ensure that the supplier handles the personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and confidentiality principles. MarShere Dance Studios will require all such suppliers to provide privacy undertakings and enter confidentiality agreements.
We recognise how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do Not Track): We respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, we will not link data we collect to your browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.
- To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
3. Direct marketing
From time to MarShere Dance Studios may use your personal information to identify retail offerings or special events which may be of interest to the individual available through MarShere Dance Studios or its business partners.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please let MarShere Dance Studios know by following the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the newsletter that you no longer want to receive. MarShere Dance Studios will take immediate steps to ensure that you do not receive any direct marketing information in future.
4. Personal Information Quality
MarShere Dance Studios' objective is to ensure that all personal information collected by MarShere Dance Studios is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist MarShere Dance Studios in achieving its objective, please contact our Head Office - Marketing Officer, MarShere Franchising Pty Ltd., 43/1470 Ferntree Gully Road, Knoxfield VIC 3180 – (03) 9837 5510, or by email on email@example.com if any of your details change. Further, if you believe that the information MarShere Dance Studios holds is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact MarShere Dance Studios in order to have the information corrected.
5. Personal Information Security
MarShere Dance Studios is committed to keeping your personal information secure, and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration.
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on MarShere Dance Studios software or systems.
MarShere Dance Studios maintains physical security over its paper and electronic data stores, such as locks and security systems. MarShere Dance Studios also maintains computer and network security using passwords to control and restrict access to authorised staff for approved purposes. Where information is particularly sensitive, the information is overwritten and then manually deleted.
6. Access To Personal Information
You may request access to the personal information MarShere Dance Studios holds about you.
The procedure for gaining access is as follows:
a. All requests for access to your personal information must be made in writing or by email and addressed to the Marketing Officer, MarShere Franchising Pty Ltd., 43/1470 Ferntree Gully Road, Knoxfield VIC 3180 – (03) 9837 5510, or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the business entity, department or person to whom you believe your personal information has been provided, and when. This will allow MarShere Dance Studios to process your request faster.
b. MarShere Dance Studios will acknowledge your request within 14 days, and access will usually be granted within 14 days, or if it is more complicated, 30 days. MarShere Dance Studios will inform you if this timeframe is not achievable.
c. You will be asked to verify your identity.
d. A fee may apply to such access in the event that a request for access is onerous or time consuming. Such a fee will cover staff costs involved in locating and collating information, and reproduction costs.
e. Depending on the circumstances, you may be forwarded the information by mail or email, or you may be required to personally inspect your records at the appropriate place.
f. You will be given the opportunity to correct any personal information which is no longer accurate.
In some circumstances, MarShere Dance Studios may not be in a position to provide access. Such circumstances include where:
a. access would create a serious threat to safety;
b. providing access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
c. denying access is required or authorised by law;
d. the request is frivolous;
e. legal proceedings are underway;
f. negotiations may be prejudiced by such access; or
g. access would reveal a commercially sensitive decision making process.
If MarShere Dance Studios denies access to your personal information, it will provide you with reasons in writing.
7. Changes To This Policy
MarShere Dance Studios may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.
If you believe that your privacy has been infringed you are entitled to complain. All complaints should initially be in writing and directed to the Marketing Officer MarShere Franchising Pty Ltd., 43/1470 Ferntree Gully Road, Knoxfield VIC 3180 – (03) 9837 5510,